Monday, October 13, 2008

what do people usaully say about living meaningful?

Well many people around where I live, living in a dangerous society most people value there life being able to wake up the next morning knowing that god is giving the chance to experience the daily life, as to a white man living in beautiful home and safe environment. Majority of the people who go to church value their religion the most because it leads them in the positive direction and that make people life even more meaningful, when they know that they are saved by god. I interview my friend Travis and he thought that just being a football player was the most meaningful part of his life because football gives him a chance to release stress or anger that is already built inside of him. Since football was a family tradition his older used to play right before he passed away. So living and striving thru the lost of a sibling made him play even more it enhance him to follow his brother lead and that what he thought was meaningful.
My other friend Presley said basically taking care of his family his son and daughter and making sure that they are well take care of, knowing that they’re going to be successful, getting a successful job was the last meaningful thing he listed because living in a capitalist society involves money so to able to live in a capitalist society you need money so getting a job is the best way to solve that problem. Basically he thought that family was the most value thing because family comes first no matter what a successful career leads to a successful life.
Thirdly I had ask my whole family and they all name different things for example I ask my mom she said taking care the family being able to communicate with them from time to time was the most meaningful thing to them because family means the most. Secondly she said having a job was the most meaningful being able to pay bills and to keep a roof over our heads living in a family of 5, making sure their food to eat. I ask my mom if she had to pick one she said immediately said family cause nothing can go against family. Next person was my uncle first he said was family then getting his self back on track with finding a job to help him in his finical problems and lastly he said making his music expand because he makes beats and d jays for people parties making a living off of that. Next person was my sister, she automatically said making money and then family I ask why? Family second she told me because in order to support your family you need money which she did have a point I said what about love she automatic said how love going to pay the bills. According to living meaningful she said that money would have to be her main. Next up was my cousin she told us living life having fun and her car was the most meaningful only because driving became a part of her life since she hates public transportation living meaningful is a very broad question because it could lead to so much and more.
In class we were assign to go outside and interview random people on the street and ask what is the most meaningful part of their life, or on a scale of 1-10 what is the most meaningful or what is the least meaningful thing in your life and how can you make it better all these living meaningful questions were asked to many individuals. There was a gentlemen who I asked and he said family and then money and then his regular hobbies he do each and every day to make his life meaningful I ask him on a scale of 1-10 what would you rate your meaningful living life he reply and said a 8.5 I ask does that point 5 make a difference he said yea because that’s how life is to me. I ask other gentlemen he was a taxi driver he automatically responded with a direct answer I said how u feel about your job do you think it’s meaningful he said that it’s the worse job in history I recommend that you never do this job ever but it pays good the that’s the only way it keeps him doing it. He said taxi drivers get very good money I ask him is there anything else he reply and said that family was the meaningful thing in his life which I can understand because mostly everyone says that first. The last question I ask he reply by saying I think I waste my time doing the taxi job but knowing I still have my family means allot. I ask on a scale of 1-10 he said 7 was the score he gave his meaningful life which could explain why because he really didn’t feel for his job and he thought it was a waste of time but he made money from it to support his family members.
Based on the interviews I did you could clearly see how family/friends put certain things first and second and compare them. Usually the third thing people would say is a hobby or obligations. This is simply a pattern because most of my friends and family put family first and the money last maybe because that’s the way they feel towards life everyone has a different opinions in there life and its up to them to live it the way they want. Based on society today we can make note that everyone sees life in a different lens and value it in many different ways it all depends on how they value it and take it within. Living meaningful is like a domino affect it keep going until you pass away and buried in the ground.

No comments: